Want to Opt-Out of EQC Repairs!
Take control of your EQC repair!
Yes, that is correct. You do have the option of taking control of your EQC (Earthquake
Commission) repair. A lot of people don’t relise they have the option
of opt-ing out of their EQC system. GE Construction specialise in helping you
through this process, to get started download the EQC Opt Out information
pack and form here. Below is a step by step guide of what is required.
- Download the opting out information pack and forms.
- Select GE Construction to complete your home repairs.
- Send the ‘Request to Opt Out of EQC-Managed Repair’ form to EQC.
- EQC will contact you within 15 working days of receipt of your form. We will
make an appointment to meet with you and your contractor on site with a
copy of your most up-to-date Scope of Works. We will discuss your repair
programme and answer any questions you have about the process.
- EQC will send you a copy of your Scope of Works which will incorporate any
amendments discussed on site with you and your contractor. You send in
your contractor’s quote based on that Scope of Works.
- EQC makes a decision on approving your opt out request. If your request is
approved we will send a ‘Confirmation to Proceed’ letter.